October 31, 2014

On planning an American wedding whilst in Japan...

Well if you've just joined us, you should know that I'm engaged and I'm planning my wedding.  Now first of all, we decided not to get married in Japan.  We are getting married in America, so that means I get to plan everything while in Japan (Yay!).  I did a search for this and came back pretty much empty handed, so I hit the internet hardcore.  Here are some sites that may help you no matter where you are planning to get married.

Sites I recommend:

For ideas & planning:

Pinterest

For just about everything:

Wedding Wire

Note: I found my florist through here, but you can also search for venues, caterers and anything else really.

For the dress and bridesmaid dresses (any dress really):

Light in the Box

They also ship internationally.

Invitations:

Wedding Paper Divas

My favorite thing about Wedding Paper Divas is that they will send you 8 sample invitations you can look at before you decide which ones to buy.  They ship internationally.

Odds and Ends

Amazon

Ebay

For gifts for your bridal party:

Etsy

My advice to you is book your venue first because you can't do anything else without a place to get married.  After that things mainly tend to fall into place easily.  Of course, I wouldn't try to delude you and say that this is an easy experience.  It comes with its stresses but hopefully, I've managed to help a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting, but oh so challenging! When is the wedding? Will you get to go to America in between to do some planning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in December. I'll land about 10 days before so I'll have a short time to go crazy with last minute details.

      Delete