February 8, 2014

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Wow, okay, so I've been trying to write this blog since this morning but my internet keeps saying no.  I guess since it snowed yesterday the internet just gave up.

Anyway, I made some things, so here ya go!

Coconut "Chicken"


So Japan has this super great soy meat.  It takes forever to prepare but the result is awesome.  Anyway, I modified this recipe.  I also found that the soy meat doesn't need as long to cook as chicken.  I will definitely make this again.

Nutella Brownies:


Of course these were excellent.  Pretty much goes without saying.

Vegetarian Chipotle Nachos:


I already bought all the stuff to make these again.  'Nuff said!

I tried my hand at homemade cottage cheese.  It was easier than I thought but it takes a lot of milk and produces just a little cheese.



The first picture is before I added the milk and salt, the second is after.  It's very good.

I made a Snickers dessert:


Basically take a mini Snickers bar, wrap it in a wonton wrapper and fry it.  Yum!

I made Pasta with Pumpkin Cream Sauce:


This was better the second day after flavors melded a little better.

I also indulged in Coconut French Toast:


I can't even tell you how delicious this was.  Just make it for yourself!

In Adventures in Dining my bf and I tried out Biokura Cafe:


It's hard to find but this was for sure the best burger I've ever had in Japan.  Must go back there.

We had tea and cakes at Janat:







Their set up is so beautiful and the tea was delicious.

And my bf bought me a vegetarian bento box:





So yummy!

That's all.  This took too long.  Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, If I have found out about this blog, I would have followed it a long time ago. I've been having hard time finding vegetarian food in japan whenever I visit. It was so hard because my Japanese was limited and I wasn't familiar with the place. Anyways, I think your site is cool. I would like to follow you from now on.

    xoxo
    Bright
    http://brightenjoystheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete