January 11, 2014

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Well, I've wasted no time getting back into cooking (and eating).  Here are some things I've made.

The first thing I did was whip out the ol' slow cooker.

I made this soup:


Now I realize you can't get Ro-tel in Japan (or maybe you can at import stores I dunno but you could probably make a mock up of it).  It was pretty good.

Next I made some breakfast items.

This sweet oatmeal:


And this savory oatmeal:


Both were yummy!

I also made a beet salad with a mustard vinaigrette (I swear I will never learn to spell that word):


I just basically threw together what was in the crisper.  It was perfect.

Finally, my boyfriend took me to Brown Rice Cafe in Shubuya.  I had this wonderful vegan meal:


I am continually surprised how many vegan/vegetarian eateries there are here in Tokyo.  I'm so glad I live here and not in some rural area.

Anyway, that's all from the food front.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment