September 8, 2013

Tales from The LG 12th Floor Garden...

Wow, I really thought that last post would get more attention.

Anyway, things are looking up in the garden.  Since I was able to remove the spider mites from the majority of my plants, things have been growing as normal (or much better than before).

These peppers had really stunted during their infestation.  They refused to grow.  Since the spider mites have been removed, they are growing taller and flowers have appeared which means peppers soon!


In other news I purchased a parsley plant:


Yesterday some of the plants received new more spacious homes.


The mint and blueberry bush now have more room to grow.


I also replanted the red romaine into bigger containers.

My butter lettuce and regular romaine are growing nicely:


As are the yellow tomatoes and red and yellow peppers:


Finally, I trimmed the tomato plants down to this:


These plants are STILL infested with spider mites despite numerous treatments as well as washing.  I threw out the bases and the soil, and they are currently isolated.  I'm really trying my hardest to save these two remaining plants because they are what got me in to gardening in the first place.  I kind of have a soft spot for them.  I hope they will be okay.  Also, STILL infested is the strawberry plant which I've pruned almost down to nothing.  The ultimate fate of these plants is still unknown.  I will try to save them.  I hope they survive.

That's all the news from the garden front.  Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment