August 13, 2013

Tales from The LG 12th Floor Garden...

Well things haven't been so peachy these days.  Had some really high temperatures and I lost two plants.  The cilantro and the cranberry plant died.  I also lost one bean plant (three remaining).  :( 

Aside from that everything is growing well and bigger each day.  The blueberry even sprouted some new leaves.

Also, look at the mint's progress:


I recently pinched the top so it would grow out.

In other news I am going on vacation soon.  I won't be gone long but I don't want my plants to die.  The internet has many solutions for keeping plants alive.  So far only one has been successful.  The create-a-greenhouse method.  Basically, you wrap your plants in a plastic bag which acts like a green house.  Water condenses inside the bag which keeps your plant from drying out.

Testing:


The plant on the left has been wrapped for almost 3 days now.  I haven't watered it since it's been in there and the soil is still damp.  I count that a success.

I just wrapped this today:


It's not sealed as tightly as the above two plants so hopefully it will work.

*Edit*
Both plants I wrapped this morning have a nice layer of condensation.  Excellent.

This is a huge weight off my shoulders and now I feel like I can enjoy my vacation without worrying if my plants will die.

That's all the news that's fit to report.  Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment