August 12, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hi all!  How's the weather where you are?  It's hot and humid here but we still gotta eat right?

I'm still working my way through this list:





I also made a bomb ass Cobb salad:


And two smoothies.  First is Strawberries & Cream:


Apple Pie:


Both were yummy but I changed the apple one a bit.  I omitted the almonds because I didn't like the texture and I also substituted almond milk for regular milk.

In recent news Vanilla Coke appeared in Japan (a bit behind the American scheduled release 2002/2007):


I think it tastes like the American version but I can't remember.

In Adventures in Dining I took a trip down memory lane and ate at Sizzler:


OMG they have a nacho bar!


Caramel Apple Sundae made by me.  Comes with a cream puff!

Actually, I quite enjoyed it but my favorite part was definitely the nacho/taco bar.

I had breakfast at Ikea:


I gave Island Veggie a try:


Tasty veggie burgers!  I had the Avocado Loco Burger.

I had some Eggs Benedict at Slappycakes:


We took a trip to Costco Tsukuba so I could score some of these bad boys:


Finally Japan has Cheerios and Honey Nut too!

I couldn't leave without a Chocolate Raspberry Sundae:


And if this blog didn't make you happy, here's a picture of broccoli that looks like a tree:


Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. That Cobb salad looked seriously delicious!

    I am so glad you posted that pic of the Vanilla Coke, I have also been seeing Vanilla Coke in my local store for the past month, I always come close to buying it. And I’ve yet to buy one. Maybe I should, since you said it tasted the same. : ) You know what, I wish Japan would come out with, Cherry Coke. That would be so good. : )

    I am so glad you found your Honey Nut Cheerios! Missing a few things from back home can always be a bit tough. So yeah, it is always nice being able to find and get them here, if we can. : )

    Have a nice vacation. : )

    ReplyDelete