July 31, 2013

Tales from The LG 12th Floor Garden...

After the bike incident or rather during the bike incident, my friend and I found this perfect little flower shop stocked full of tons of flowers including many different colors of roses.  Gentlemen, if you're looking for a great place to buy your sweetheart roses, I recommend the flower shop just next to Mizue Station.  That aside, I did get a little googly eyed when I saw their excellent selection of plants.  (I really need to stop this.  It's become an addiction.  Intervention!)  I walked out of there slightly sane as I only purchased three smallish plants.

I had been looking for a basil I could prune from for some time.  I walked away with one:


I also bought a lil blueberry bush:


I've been reading up on it and I still don't know if I know how to take care of it but I will try!

Finally the pièce de résistance is this habenero plant:


Not only is this the first habanero I've seen in Japan, it's in plant form!  The guy at the shop said they can be harvested now or wait until they turn a brighter orange for a better flavor.  I have no idea what to do with them.  Maybe roast them?  I'll be looking for recipes.

Last but not least we have a baby sprout:


I was a bit worried about this plant thinking it was never going to sprout.  In fact, it took so long, I forgot what it was.  (After checking the seeds, it's Italian parsley.)  Perhaps now is not optimal growing season (like I care about that).  I guess we'll see how it does.

That's all the news from the garden front.

No comments:

Post a Comment