July 4, 2013

Haunted Tokyo...

Pretty much one of the coolest things I've ever done.  I was fortunate enough to stumble upon this website.  Now, this looks a bit pricey but let me tell you, this was well worth it.  Our guide, Lilly was incredibly educated.  She showed us a side of Tokyo I had never seen before (surprising for someone who traveled here 5 times and has lived here a year).  This is definitely off the beaten path!  (Note: We took the Blood of Samurai Tour.)

Enjoy these photos!

Haunted hill:







Make up Buddha:





Kofun Burial Hill:




Fox Shrine:




Burning the bad:



The site where Christians were burned at the stake:


Guillotine Tunnel (Haunted Tunnel):





Old Tōkaidō Road Gate:



Samurai Temple 47:



  












Site of the 17 Seppuku:



Tree of Blood:






Lilly says that Tokyo is an incredibly haunted city which makes sense if you think about it as many bad things occurred here.  (WWII might spring to mind.)  Basically she took us to places where some of these bad things happened.  I had a fantastic time on this tour (kinda sounds morbid I know) but I also learned a great many things about Tokyo's history.  I definitely recommend this tour!

(Note: In July or August I'll be taking another one of Lilly's tours.  I am really looking forward to it!  Blog shortly thereafter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment