April 6, 2013

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

Hello!  Eating happy?  I know I am!  (Sorry but this is a long post.)

First I thought I'd show you this POWER SALAD!


Quinoa, tofu, beans!  10 grams of protein!  First, I did some things differently.  Instead of chopping the carrot (since hard carrot chunks didn't sound too appealing in a salad such as this), I shredded them.  It added a better consistency to the salad.  Also, I couldn't find lima beans so I used edamame and I know that is a lot of soy but it evens out okay in individual servings.  I used Dean & Deluca's semi-dried tomatoes instead of fresh because I love the flavor.  Also, be warned that this recipe makes about 4.2 million pounds of salad so you might want to reduce it.  Anyway, super flavorful.  Highly recommended!

I think last week my sister sent me this recipe on Facebook and it looked so good I thought I'd make it!


It turned out quite delicious though slightly dry.  Maybe more dressing?  Maybe less cooking?  Anyway, I think it's funny that it's recommended as a side dish because for me it was filling enough for a main dish.  You should give it a try too!

I also roasted up some veggies that I marinated in balsamic.


In the adventures in dining section, I have a few things to show you.  I was fortunate enough to eat at Decanter which is inside the Tokyo American Club (an exclusive private country club).  Everything was so delicious.

I had a wedge salad:


Cauliflower soup:


Goat cheese and (real!) beets:


And a lot of this bread (with Hawaiian volcanic salt):


And a deconstructed ice cream sundae:


Everything was so good!

Next I went to Roti which is one of my favorite places.

I had bleu cheese stuffed mushrooms with horseradish sauce:


And a vegan burger:


My boyfriend and I had afternoon tea at a hotel in Odaiba:


With special sakura tea:


And adorable goodies:


On another nigh, he also brought me special inari (one of my favorite things):


The wasabi one was the best.

In adventures in gardening, I harvested my radishes (sadly smaller than last time):


And thanks to Pinterest, I started regrowing romaine:


(It is much bigger now.)

Anyway, sorry for the length!  Happy eating!  I'm off to enjoy this (rare) sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment