March 3, 2013

Komoro & Karuizawa...

Last weekend my wonderful honey took me on a trip up to the beautiful Komoro & Karuizawa which are located in Nagano.  Our primary purpose was to relax and soak in onsen and just enjoy the heck out of each other.  All of those tasks were accomplished.

First, we arrived in Komoro starving and Honey wanted soba so soba we had.  I had wasabi soba.  Yum!


Next we walked around Komoro (which isn't massive) but it was nice, quaint.  Everything was decorated for ひな祭り which is the Doll Festival or Girl's Day.




Next we adventured to the hotel.  It was one of the most beautiful places I'd ever seen.



They have an abundance of furry friends at the hotel.

A variety of birds:


A goat:


And Chibi:


You can take Chibi for a walk if you so desire.  She loves walks by the way.


You better believe we took Chibi for a walk.  It was much fun.  She loves to eat snow.  In the end though I was just sad because I cannot have a dog.  I miss dogs.


We had an amazing dinner which consisted of many small dishes brought perfectly spaced out.



We had a soak in the onsen.  Of course, there are no pictures of that.  We slept on futon.

And when we woke up in the morning it was snowing:








The customer service at the hotel was beyond amazing.  Everyone was so kind and accommodating.  For example, they said they didn't have a vegetarian option for dinner but they could prepare special dishes for me and they did.  They were wonderful.

We went to onsen in the morning and then had breakfast:


 I haven't had Japanese breakfast in so long.  It was nice.

After checkout we boarded this train:


...for Karuizawa where there is a big outlet mall.  (I didn't even know Japan had outlet malls!)


Snow family:


We shopped, we ate lunch and then we headed back to the big busy city.

So this was pretty much the best vacation I've ever been on.  Both Honey and I vowed to return to that place but next time in the summer to escape the brutal Tokyo humidity.  I definitely recommend both Komoro and Karuizawa.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment