February 16, 2013

Where have I been?

To be honest?  In dreamland.  The truth is, I'm quite certain that I've met the best guy in Japan.  And since I don't have any sort of personal blog, you get to hear all about it here.  I just can't sing enough praises about how wonderful he is.  I've had so many bad dates and dating experiences that I forgot how wonderful dating can be when done with a wonderful person.  Despite being from different cultures, we have loads in common and he's so respectful of my crazy quirks like not eating meat and obsessing over プリクラ and such.

A few weekends ago on our way out of Taito Station, there was a BIG alpaca that I mentioned I LOVED.  We walked around the whole UFO section until we found one machine with one alpaca in it.  It happened to be pink.  I know that I've mentioned this before but unlike America, they want you to win and will help you.

Here's proof:


Not only that but a lady stopped to watch and offer advice.  Now as a side note, I have been coveting these ADORABLE alpacas since they debuted in Japan (who knows when).  I have sat green with envy while so many people posted these suckers in their blogs.

Would you believe that I just had to wait for the right time.  (On another side note, I tried to win a much much smaller version for myself in August.  I suck at these games btw.)

I am so happy she came home with me and I'm even happier she was a gift from a truly wonderful person.


Her name is Yuki (which is snow in Japanese for those who don't know) because it's winter and she's sportin' a snowflake necklace.

Here's me cuddling with her but ultimately wishing she was the Honey:


That pink glow is because I actually have pink lights in my room.  No, I'm not kidding.

Anyway, I think about him a lot and sometimes find myself smiling randomly. I'm happy I found me a special guy.  That's where I've been.  I've been working, I had a random illness featuring congestion and I have been working on building a relationship with my boyfriend.

I have a couple things coming up on the blog so don't give up on me!  I hope you're well and warm!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Dreamland! It's wonderful with the right person (^∇^)

    Oh, I love the UFO catchers in Japan, and the Staff who help you!

    ReplyDelete