December 16, 2012

Saying goodbye...

I'm not good at it.  I downright hate it.  I turn into a bucket of sobs.

Three people I know leave Japan this week for good as far as I know.  You can say to them "It's not goodbye just see you later" but more often than not it's goodbye and these people will rarely walk back into your life again.

I just said "see you later" to my whole life, all my friends in family in the states.  To be honest I have had enough goodbyes for a while and didn't expect to be saying them again so soon.

See you later Christian and Ed.


I feel like I didn't get to know either of you very well and I am most sad about that.  I wish you all the best outside Japan.

See you later Stephen.


Not to get all mushy but I'm really going to miss Stephen a lot.  When I interviewed for my job here, I was taken around and introduced to the very small staff.  As I left the interview, I noticed Stephen walking behind me to get his lunch.  We had a small chat as we walked to the grocery store.  He was so friendly that I forgot all the stress of the interview.  I consider Stephen to be my first friend at the new job.  If you are lucky to know Stephen, you know that this guy is a bottomless pool of talent.  When he's famous, I can say I knew him when.  Best of luck to Stephen.  All the best outside of Japan.

I hope it's truly not goodbye and just "see you later" where these awesome fellas are concerned.

One song best sums of my feelings here.

"It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday."

No comments:

Post a Comment