October 14, 2012

Adachi-ku Fireworks...

Tokyo is quite awful today.  It's very chilly and misting rain.  I went out for a bit but I was eager for the comforts of home: my warm jammies, a nice cup of tea and steaming soup. 

Yesterday however was beyond beautiful.  Just a touch of warmth and clear skies.  It's almost like mother nature knew which weather was best for the Adachi-ku fireworks.

My friend has planned everything perfectly.  Despite a 6PM start time we met at 3PM at Kita-senju Station.  (While waiting for everyone to show up, I snuck some Krispy Kreme donuts.)  We walked to the river and even though by some of his friends asked frequently to "stop here," we pressed on to quite literally the perfect spot.  (Coincidentally we also ran into another friend who within the great hoards of people had set up camp close to us.)

This is the first fireworks I had ever done properly and I was so happy.  I mean, who isn't while watching fireworks.  If you've never been to a Japanese fireworks show, you're missing out.  I think their motto is "go big or go home."  Such a perfect display of magnificent fireworks.

Here are some of my favorite pics:

 (pre show)





I was using my iPhone so some of these pictures were pure luck.  Dahlias happen to be my favorite flower so my favorite fireworks?  Dahlia fireworks.

I hope you enjoyed these pics and I hope you had a nice weekend!  I'm off to cozy up and hide from the Tokyo chill.

2 comments: