October 8, 2012

A vegetarian foodie in Japan...

I'm gonna make this brief so I can (hopefully) finish American Horror Story tonight.

Lately it seems I've made mostly baked goods.

Beautiful spinach salad:


Using these:


I swear I sometimes only buy things because they remind me of America.  (They're not as good as I remember them to be.)

My birthday cake:


It's a Brown Sugar and Caramel Cake (made by me because who else would make me a birthday cake).

Salted Caramel Cupcake:


Just google it.  There are a million recipes.

Tomato Soup with Cheese Bread (purchased from my local bakery):


A lovely brunch at Rose Bakery:


Some fried bites (tomato, potato and onion) in Ameyoko:


And finally a Pumpkin Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting:


There's no canned pumpkin in my hood so I made my own.  Pretty simple really.

Anyway, hope you had a nice weekend.  My long weekend is just about over.  I'm off to watch scary TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment