September 9, 2012

And this is how you trade in flip flops for fashion...

My summer is officially over with the start of this week so I cannot justify living in my sandals any longer.  They are still the most comfortable shoes I own and I still maintain I was either a hippie or Transcendetalist in a past life walking through the grass shoeless and carefree.  I'll never match Japanese girls in that respect.  I still do not understand how they walk everywhere in sometimes ridiculous heels.

Today, I tried to do my eye makeup and I know I can make it look better.  I just need some practice.


Anyway, I am attempting to force it to be cooler by duping Japan with my fall clothing.  It hasn't worked yet and by Friday I was back in shorts.

Monday:


Sweater and shirt Uniqlo, skirt Goodwill (Gap brand), necklace Forever 21 and boots Kohl's.

Tuesday:


Had a freak accident Monday night and sliced into my finger.  I've been using dull knives for like 10 years, I have no idea how sharp new knives actually are.  Anyway, Shirt Uniqlo, jeans Colleen collection (Target), shoes Payless, necklace Kohl's and jacket H&M.

Thursday:


Love love love these pants from Forever 21, shoes Payless, sweater & shirt Uniqlo.

(I do realize that I am a walking advertisement for Uniqlo but their clothes are so damn cheap!  Need to pick up some of their new cardis.)

Friday:


My poor poor shorts.  The hem came undone part way (which I temporarily fixed) and then all the way when I washed them.  I won't be wearing these until I can fix the hem properly which means (unfortunately) hand sewing.  Shorts Kohl's, shirt Target, shoes Shiekh (from eBay).

Sunday:


Shirt Target, shorts Zara, shoes Fergalicious.

Today, I went shopping with a friend in Kichijōji 吉祥寺 the best place to visit that isn't anywhere near my house.  This place is cool and apparently the place where most people in Tokyo wished they lived.  I wish I lived there but I'd probably be dead broke if I did.  Anyway, today was screaming with deals (the best was either two tops for ¥745 or a pair of flats for ¥950).  I absolutely cannot wait to wear my new clothes but some will sadly have to wait for cooler temperatures.

I hope your weekend turned out to be a happy one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment