August 22, 2012

Tower Hall Funabori...

After a particularly stressful day, I decided to visit a place I had been meaning to go to for some time.  Tower Hall Funabori is a tower that extends 105 meters into the sky and you can see much of Tokyo from it.

It's very easy to get there.  Just take the Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Funabori Station.  Take the north exit and you'll see it just to your right.  Did I mention it's free?

Statue on the ground floor:


Inside a lovely dress advertising a bridal show:


The views:








Small replica of the Tower Hall:


Inside the Tower Hall there is a movie theater, a coffee shop, a wedding chapel, a restaurant, a bar, a music shop & school and a beauty shop among other things.

If you'd like to go up a free tower, I definitely recommend Tower Hall Funabori.

P.S. - Welcome my new follower:

アリ☆ぴんぴ娘

Thanks!  I hope you like it here.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the warm welcome! (^ ^)

    The views in the photos are amazing!
    Have you been to Sunshine City? It also has a viewing tower, however it's not free, and on overcast days you cannot see much. (You can see Mt Fuji apparently from there)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I have been to Sunshine City though never to their tower. From what you describe though it doesn't sound like it's the best. It says you can seen Fuji-san from Funabori Tower too but even though I thought it was a clear day, I saw clouds when I go up there. I plan to go back there on the clearest day ever!

      Delete