August 17, 2012

Green with envy...

I cannot speak for what's out in America but in Japan, fall and winter clothes have started to make their appearance at some of my favorite stores.  Long sleeves and heavy sweaters infest the front end displays.  It's a bit difficult to look at since it's still sweltering here.  One trend which isn't sweeping the shelves but closely tucked away with its brothers and sisters is the color green.  I am nuts about brilliant bright blues which I hardly see ever and even crazier about all shades of green.  So much so that I have neglected purchases in my signature color (pink) for all shades green.

Here are some of my recent purchases:


Both the sweater and the shorts came in pink but when it came down to it, I couldn't resist these lovely greens. 

Kelly Green Capris - Forever 21
Mint Green Nautical Shorts - Zara
Honeydew Green Sweater - Allamanda

In addition, I promised to not be so late with my clothes so here you go!

Tuesday (for a trip to Odaiba):


Still my favorite jeans from the Colleen Collection (if not of all time) originally from Target, shoes eBay Target brand, tank Wal-Mart, hummingbird jacket Forever 21.  Unfortunately, it was much much too hot for this outfit and I changed just after getting to Odaiba.  I often do that in Japan, incorrectly gauge the weather.  The problem is it's much windier and cooler in my town than it is in big city places.  I also still haven't got a handle on how awful the humidity makes things seem.

Wednesday (プリクラ):


I figured the shirt would be light enough (it's very thin) but, in fact, it was still too hot.  I did do better to wear the shorts this time.  Top Daiei, tank Forever 21 (XXI), shorts H&M and shoes Chiyoda.  I love these shorts but even more so since they were on clearance for ¥700.

Pretty much the best puri ever:


Friday (out with a friend):


Shirt 80s Tees, skirt Wal-Mart, shoes ???

Here's what the shirt says:


Mirror it if you need to.  And why?  Keith Richards donned this shirt for a Rolling Stones tour.  Too funny.  My shirt was slightly altered (by me) to make is less shirt like and more girly.  Also, I wanted to show off my tattoo which always gets lots of attention from the Japanese.  It was funny.  An Australian dude with the cutest Japanese girlfriend asked me if I was often mistaken for a Yakuza wife.  The answer to that would be no sir.

In other news, I didn't wear my glasses out last night which I used to do sometimes in America.  I received more attention last night than I ever have since I moved here.  I'm not saying it was the glasses but I was happy to be out and I think I felt a little confident.  I was just talking to anyone: boys, girls, foreign, Japanese.  I was also getting fanned by random Japanese men.  You heard that right.  Japan is the place for me.  I'm like Cleopatra here.  ;)  It was great!

I hope your weekend is starting out right.  One more week of vacation for me!

2 comments: