July 30, 2012

Summer slump...

I really want to get out and do things but I am so hot and tired after work that I just want to take an icy shower and lie in my bed blasting the fan and AC.  I'm working on getting caught up on my last season shows.  I've already started my summer shows like "Breaking Bad," "Burn Notice," and "Damages."  I still haven't started "True Blood" yet but I finally finished Season 2 of "The Walking Dead" and almost finished Season 3 of "Justified."

In Japan news, the heat is stifling.  You can really try to look your best but the make-up melts or fades and your hair is wet and most times you just look like you ran a marathon when you simply walked 10 minutes to the station.  Welcome to Tokyo summer.  I keep asking myself "How do they stand it?"  The AC at my work is subpar and we're all sweating before lunchtime. 

Summer in Japan means fireworks and we decided to go to the Sumida fireworks which is the largest in Tokyo and boasts 1 million visitors.  We got there late and were corralled down a road to nowhere.  We ended up sitting on a street with hundreds of other people.

It looked like this:



In the end, it was okay, I guess.  We only got to see the tops of the fireworks which is better than nothing.






Self portrait:


Many yukatas to be seen in every color of the rainbow:


There were lots of people drinking beer and eating various foods.  Some people had set up little tables to sell easy to eat foods like meat on a stick and the like.  We wisely had a sort of tapas meal before we left.

I wish we could have had a better view of the fireworks and I wish it wasn't so awfully hot.

How is your summer shaping up?


1 comment:

  1. These pictures of firework are very Japanese hanabi. We seldome look whole hanabi :(
    Enjoy this summer!

    ReplyDelete