June 8, 2012

Off the beaten path: Asakusa...

Asakusa is probably one of the busiest places in Japan and because of this it is one of my least favorite places to visit.  There is a long shopping street which leads up to Asakusa Kannon Temple.  The temple is beautiful.  So why is this off the beaten path if so many people visit there?  Well, this morning thanks to jet lag I took a walk in the rain.  It was around 6AM.  The shops along the road to the temple were closed and very few people were about, no tourists.  Every time I've been to the temple I've always seen people with dogs.  It seems to be a popular meeting place for dog lovers.  This morning was no exception.  Dog lovers started in twos and then rapidly multiplied.  Some talked to me in Japanese and one older man asked me about my local (Phoenix) sports teams.  He was a real sports fan.  Here are some dog pics from this morning.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed playing with the dogs.







3 comments:

  1. dogs are awesome. Love
    Do you speak Japanese? You mighthave mentioned it on an earlier post but I am starting from the top. Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I speak a little. I am getting the best class possible, immersion. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete