March 10, 2012

3/11/11

I wouldn't be a faithful J-Blogger if I let 3/11/11 go by unnoticed. 

Where were you a year ago?  Do you remember?  I was safe in bed when a 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit Japan off the coast close to the city of Sendai.  The devastation was unmatched and many people lost their lives in the destruction.

I was in bed asleep when I was jolted awake at the time the earthquake occured.  I don't claim to have any sort of prophetic powers but I do have a deeply rooted connection to Japan.  So I think (and maybe you think this is crazy) but I think I knew somehow which is why I woke up.  Because I couldn't sleep, I went on Facebook and noticed a couple of my Japanese friends had posted something about an earthquake.  I soon found out how terrible it was and I worried about the friends I had there.  Fortunately, everyone I knew was okay.

A year later I'm on a flight to Japan.  If you asked me if I'd be traveling to Japan in March 2012, I probably would have said "no."  Funny how things change over a year.  This is the most exciting Japan trip I've ever been on.  I know that and I haven't even gone yet!  It will be amazing; I know it will.

When I come back on Friday, I''l update this blog with fashion and shopping and the sights of Tokyo.  I'm so excited!

Meanwhile, you can look at this site which has some amazing pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment