March 11, 2011

♥ 日本 ♥

I suppose I wouldn't be a faithful Japanese blogger unless I blogged about the earthquake.  Unless you live in a cave or are without access to any news medium you know about the earthquake in Japan.

Last night I couldn't sleep.  I don't claim to be any sort of prophet but it was kind of weird that I decided to get on Facebook minutes after it hit.  I changed my status calling out to my friends to see if they were okay.  So far the news has been good.  None of my friends have been seriously injured or worse.  There are only a couple of people I haven't been able to contact.  My closest friends are fine.  Some are stranded.

I have NHK on right now.  They are urging people to get to higher ground and the the death toll is rising.  The footage is difficult to watch at best but I am glad I downloaded that app.  People are stuck in train stations and are camping out in their offices.  This is a difficult time for Japan and my heart goes out to all of those affected by this earthquake.

Dear Sakiko Ichigo and Atsumi Furuya, I love you and I am glad you are okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment