November 7, 2010

Weekend warrior...

I have very little money right now.  However, I was itching to spend my Forever 21 gift card from Kiki so we trekked up to Fashion Square.  I scoured the racks and was afraid I wasn't in much of a shopping mood when I wasn't finding anything.  I did find this bright blue giraffe print sweater which I loved but they didn't have it in my size.  :(

I ended up with these:



I didn't even want to try on the orange sweater.  I was so in love that I was ready to walk out right then and there.  I did end up trying it on and luckily it fit like a glove.  I also got a gray tank to match and black over the knee socks.  Can't wait to sport those.  ;)

Next stop H&M.  I really wanted the white tiger sweater but I can't afford it right now.  It's either $24.95 or $29.95 but either way, I need to eat.  I did leave with an adorable cheapo top:


$5.95 = win.

You'd think I'd be able to find plain black leggins in winter.  Oh no, this has been a nightmare and a half.  There are three scenarios: sheer, sold out of my size or ridiculously expensive.  Kohl's, where there are a lot of leggins, has the sheer and sold out problem.  I found a pair at H&M but I didn't want to pay $12.95 for leggins.  So, since we were out and about, I decided to swing by Zizibeh.  The girls working thought it would be funny to fuck around with the iPod, going back to songs they skipped and skipping a song halfway through it.  They were lucky I didn't think it'd be funny to punch them in the face.  So annoying.  Anyway, I did walk out of there with a pair of $5 leggins and some way cute jewelry:


That day/night my friends organizmong my ed a Light Rail Pub Crawl.  I was slated to meet up with them at about 8PM at Turf.  I was superexcited to wear my new clothes:


Obviously, both sweater and tank from Forever 21, pants self-mutilated and boots from eBay.  More than once I was told I looked "hot" so yay!  They all had shirts but I couldn't afford one.  However, someone bought and bailed so they gave me that person's shirt.  Even though I changed later, I still looked cute:


First time on the Light Rail!

I had a spectacular time and the peak of the evening can only be described as electric.  Hooray for new and old friends.

Last week I was searching for a necklace among my collection and was so frustrated after they ended up in a tangled mess that I just left them in a mound in my bathroom.  Today, I was determined to rectify this problem.  I was going to just put nails in the wall like my previous organization system but then I remembered that a friend of mine bought me these Hercules Hooks for my housewarming like two years ago and they have been sitting in a drawer ever since.  Well, finally put to good use:


Oh so pretty and easy to find jewelry!  Mind the gaps, I ran into studs.  Also, mind the discolored parts.  I had to patch.  Once it's dry and painted, it will be all the more lovely.  What a huge relief!

Well, that was a long post!  Now off to watch some "Dexter" and maybe "The Tudors" later.

No comments:

Post a Comment