November 1, 2010

Halloween, Monday and jewelry...

So, I had a very busy weekend.  First here is my Halloween costume:



I was Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim Vs The World which is a fantastic movie.  If you haven't seen it yet it comes out on DVD on 9 November and I highly recommend you watch it especially if, like me, you grew up with 8-bit games.  Otherwise you may not get the entire ode of the movie.  I think Ramona is a really fashionable girl.  The jumper I had.  I altered an eBay bag.  The jacket is from H&M and the boots, gloves and shirt are from eBay.  I think I spent under $75 which is good for one of my costumes.  I was a little disappointed in the hair color.  The spray can said "bright blue."  It definitely didn't turn out that way.

Today, I wore this:


This is an outfit I had in my head last night and it actually worked when I put it on.  (That rarely happens by the way.)  This picture was taken with my camera phone and I think it turned out better than my normal camera.  I have a sour look on my face because no one can fucking work my camera phone.  It's just such a bastard.  Military cardigan, boots and my one pair of long black leggins from eBay.  Stripey top from Japan.  (Glamorous Garden, I think?)

Finally, I wanted to talk about Lia Sophia.  Now, my disclaimer is first that I don't work for Lia Sophia.  However, I was invited to a party and decided to host one of my own.  I'm not going to lie their jewelry is expensive but the hostess benefits are awesome.  Plus, they have specials and I think it's cool that you can use your 50% off on your highest priced item.  Like what store does that?  Another thing I like about their jewelry is that it feels heavy and I buy a lot of light cheap necklaces.  I can feel the difference.  As a hostess, I spent $24 ($8 each!) and I got these three items:

Blossom Necklace:


Reflection Necklace:


Galena Bracelet:


Plus, my mom was so sweet and bought me the Night Watch Necklace:

They should arrive by the end of this week and I am very excited to wear them.  (The Reflection was my hostess gift so I already have it and have worn it twice already!)  I am especially excited for the Night Watch because I have only one black necklace and have searched endlessly for another but until now couldn't find one I liked.

In other news it's supposed to be 90 degrees this week.  Goddamn ridiculous!  It's November.  I am so over this.  I guess I'll be dressing for warmer weather this week.  :(

Wow, this is a long post!  I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment